What data we collect
- Questions, queries and contact requests that you leave on samconnolly.com
- Your email address and name that you provide when registering for an account
- Information on how you use the website, including cookies and website analytics techniques
We use Google Analytics to gather details and monitor how our users navigate samconnolly.com, the details which this gathers includes IP addresses. The data is anonymised before processing for analytics.
Google Analytics provides insights on
- The pages you visit on samconnolly.com
- The length of time spent on a page on samconnolly.com
- The length of time spent on samconnolly.com
- What links were clicked on from samconnolly.com
We do not store any personal information for use with Google Analytics.
All data that is passed to Google Analytics will be anonymous, and will not be used to identify you. We will not combine any of the Google Analytics data with any other data sets that could possibly be used to identify you.
Why we need your data
We gather data for the following reasons
- Enabling our users to register on our website to leave comments and subscribe to content updates
- Allowing users to send contact requests through the contact form available on the website
- Using analytics software to improve the ways in which users interact with the website
Our legal basis for processing your data
Our legal premise for collecting user data is to enable the users to communicate with the owner of samconnolly.com, which would otherwise not be feasible.
The legal basis for collecting analytics data for Google Analytics is your consent.
What we do with your data
The data collected may be shared with our technology suppliers, such as our hosting provider.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with any other third party for marketing purposes
- Use your data in analytics
We will share your data with law enforcement agencies if required to do so by law.
How long we keep your data
We will only keep your data for as long as:
- Is essential to fulfil the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
We will keep your email data until your delete your account.
Children’s privacy protection
The content on samconnolly.com does not target children under the age of 13. Therefore we will not purposefully collect or maintain data on children under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
All personal data collected by samconnolly.com is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Analytics data collected by Google Analytics for samconnolly.com may be transported outside the EEA for processing purposes.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We use large technology providers with security measures in place in order to help protect your data. Furthermore, we may store some of your data in an encrypted format should it need further protection, for example passwords.
We also ensure that any third parties involved in handling your data take similar reasonable precautions to keep it secure.
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your data is processed
- A copy of that personal data
- That anything inaccurate be corrected immediately
You can also:
- Raise an objection about how your data is processed
- Request that your personal data be erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- Ask the processing of your data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any queries surrounding this, you can get in touch through our contact page.